Thursday, March 1, 2012

Act 1 FINALE "Death of an Angel"

Death of an Angel

Jane:
I am here
Will you listen for me
Hear my plea
Hear my story
Time goes on
What are seconds worth?
What is heaven
If there is no earth?

But the dawn slips over the mountains
And the sky grows light
As I approach the night

Hush, my dear
I am never gone
I will pass
You will go on...

Kai:
Wait for me my darling
I can't let you go
You are all I live for
Your love is all I know
Do you know my darling
Just what I would give?
I would give the heavens
Just to see you live

But the dawn creeps over the mountains
And the sky grows blue
As my heart breaks in two

Please don't leave me here, love
Not without your smile
Don't leave me alone, dear
Without you, I would die

Last verse:
Jane:                              Kai:
Hush, my love               Hush now, stop your crying
Dry your tears                Dry up all your tears
I'll be with you               You were once here with me
Through all your years    Here through all the years.

Kai:
But if you’re gone...
I can’t go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-rated. We welcome opinions and constructive criticism, but we intend for this to be a family musical, and should anyone look it up, we don't want them to be greeted by profanity or rude/derogatory comments. Comments that are deemed offensive will be removed at the discretion of the authors. Thanks!