Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blurb - "My Angel"

I'm rather proud of this song. The lyrics turned out really well, I think, and it fits well into the action and into the story. It falls right after their fight when Jane gets fed up with everything and decides to run away and Kai tries to stop her. In a last ditch effort to convey his desperation and try to get her to stay, he kisses her and she freaks and runs. This song comes immediately after she leaves and Kai is left heartbroken.

Character: Kai
Favorite Line: "My Angel had the mortal world to woo her..."
Hardest Line to Write: "A kiss from her could heal a wounded soldier/ but an unkind word could break a lover's heart"
Why: I really, really, really tried to make the format of the second verse match the first, but this was a stubborn line because I really, really, really wanted to include the foreshadowing. I ended up just going with it and making it stand out, which, I suppose, highlights the foreshadowing, anyway, so whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-rated. We welcome opinions and constructive criticism, but we intend for this to be a family musical, and should anyone look it up, we don't want them to be greeted by profanity or rude/derogatory comments. Comments that are deemed offensive will be removed at the discretion of the authors. Thanks!