Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blurb - "The Match"

So, this song, "The Match" is finally the play on words I've been trying to write for a while now... We knew we wanted to include a play on words with the title, Matches, but hadn't figured out where to put it yet. Well, here it is. This is a solo for Jane's character, and is sung right after she wakes up in the hospital and Kai is gone, when she realizes she's always been in love with him. This is the moment she decides she has to go after him.

Character: Jane
Favorite Line: "If the fire dies, I'll only get burned."
Hardest line to write: "I didn't know and so I ran/ from all that we could be"
Why: I changed this line so many times... I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't make it work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-rated. We welcome opinions and constructive criticism, but we intend for this to be a family musical, and should anyone look it up, we don't want them to be greeted by profanity or rude/derogatory comments. Comments that are deemed offensive will be removed at the discretion of the authors. Thanks!