Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New song! "Hold a Candle"

Hold a Candle

Kai:
I've known you since birth
But you never knew me
You've watched me grow
I've watched you leave me behind...
All my life I've had one mission,
Just a father's recognition

Hold a candle for a man who never knew me
Make your wishes as the star floats away
Hold a candle high for one who loved
Some say too much, some not enough,
But he tried...

Hold a candle for a man who never saw me
For a man who always had more work to do...
He always said it was all for me
He always talked about how things could be
But he died...

So hold a candle to the sky
Make a wish and say goodbye
Tell him everything you'll miss
One last touch
One last kiss
Remember everything he'd say
Dry your eyes and walk away
Promise never to forget
The life he lived...

Hold a candle for a man who never left me
Hold a candle for the things we'll never do...
[To casket]
But dad, I wanted you to know
As far as fathers go
No one could hold a candle to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-rated. We welcome opinions and constructive criticism, but we intend for this to be a family musical, and should anyone look it up, we don't want them to be greeted by profanity or rude/derogatory comments. Comments that are deemed offensive will be removed at the discretion of the authors. Thanks!