Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"The Match"

The Match

Jane:
I’ve never heard a stranger line
than “the fires of love that’s true”
For every man I’d ever met
was a flame that never grew
But now I understand the phrase
He’s been here with me all my days
Each other guy was a spark that died but
He’s always been the match

I’ve wasted time on other men
Pursuing petty shine
But the glow that shows when first we meet
grows darkened over time
No one else could ever last
the light grew dimmer all too fast
Though the fire grew, I never knew
He’s always been the match

A match can keep you warm at night
in darkness, it’s a guiding light
a spark does nothing more than glow
for seconds at a time
A girl deserves a roaring fire
that’s fueled by hope, and burns desire
It starts with just a simple match
and he was nearly mine

He has to know, I have to try
as he tried to tell me
I didn’t know and so I ran
from all that we could be
I promised him I’d always stay,
but I grew scared and ran away
If the fire dies, I’ll only get burned
He has to know my lesson’s learned
through thick and thin, it was always him...

He’s always been the match...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-rated. We welcome opinions and constructive criticism, but we intend for this to be a family musical, and should anyone look it up, we don't want them to be greeted by profanity or rude/derogatory comments. Comments that are deemed offensive will be removed at the discretion of the authors. Thanks!